Monday, September 16, 2013

Easy Stamp Making Activity:

Supplies: foam paper, recycled cardboard, scissors, pencil, glue stick.

This was another fun activity :-)...  Today, while learning Spanish, it occurred to me a great way to implement print making/stamping/painting into our homeschool day.  I pulled out foam paper and asked my son to draw outline pictures of the words we learned in our lesson.  I let him know that they would be cut out, so make them simple.  Then I placed a white poster board on the floor of our school room.  I had my son write the title on the top of the poster.  He wrote it way too big, so he had to turn it over and I drew a line and told him to fit the words above the line ;-).  Meanwhile, sister cut out the shapes he had drawn.  I got some paper plates, a dab of paint one each plate and brayers to roll it out.  I then found some cardboard from the bottom of a pack of bottled waters and cut it to fit the cut out shapes.  Its amazing how great everyone works together when paint is in their future!  The students glue stick-ed the shapes to the cardboard.  Then we rolled a thin layer of paint on the "stamps" and stamped them on the poster board.  Lastly, we labeled the items with their Spanish names. 


No comments:

Post a Comment